It’s time! After most of the province enjoyed phase two re-openings last week, Toronto and Peel region were not ready. This week, we join the rest!
Premier Doug Ford announced today that Toronto and Peel Region will see Phase Two lifted restrictions on restaurant patios, barberships, nail salons, malls, swimming pools and more starting on Wednesday.
The decision to hold Toronto and Peel Regions in Phase one was due to the high number of new COVID-19 cases still being reported daily. However, following a cautious approach within the Framework for Reopening our Province, we have finally gotten the green light!
So what can open in Phase Two?
- Outdoor dine-in services at restaurants, bars and similar properties.
- Select personal care services such as tattoo parlours, barbershops, hair and other beauty salons
- Shopping malls
- Outdoor tour services such as bike, walking, bus and boat tours.
- Outdoor water recreational facilities
- Beaches and camping at Ontario Parks and other campgrounds
- Outdoor recreational facilities
- Drive-in/Drive-through facilities for entertainment
- Film and TV production
All of the above come with a variety of safety requirements to ensure that the transition to our ‘new normal’ does not cause a spike or second-wave of COVID-19 cases.
What does it mean for real estate? It means that already interested buyers who are looking to take advantage of lower interest rates and a more temporarily advantageous market will be coming out en masse.
Questions? We have you covered. Reach out to the RE/MAX GoldFellas Team today.