This milestone was reached on Sunday, and as such, provinces are preparing to ease restrictions in the coming weeks, once again using a phased approach.
You can read the Province’s full plan here.
Here are the Ontario highlights, as of Tuesday:
- Retail stores with street entrances and not within shopping malls can begin reopening, with specific physical distancing measures in place.
- Construction projects and associated businesses can resume.
- Property management and maintenance services such as painting may begin.
- Many outdoor recreational activities and individual sport competitions can begin.
- Golfers, rejoice! Golf courses opened on the long weekend.
- Marinas and parks have also opened during the long weekend.
- Domestic workers such as housekeepers, cooks and au pairs can return to work, if they are able to limit contact with those in the home.
- Gradual rescheduling of medical surgeries will begin.
- Libraries will be open for pick up.
It should be noted that all phase one adjustments should be engaged with caution - studies so far have shown that converging indoors is more likely to spread COVID-19. The more outdoor activities we can engage in, the better to further flatten the curve and eventually stop the spread entirely.
Businesses should only open if they are ready to safely accept customers. Many businesses such as real estate will remain open but will follow social distancing & sanitation procedures to keep clients safe and business moving forward.
It’s very likely that virtual open houses and showings will become standard practice, with in-person viewings only occurring if absolutely necessary. We expect that the interest in viewings will continue to increase, observing appointment trends from January to May.
Similarly, we’re expecting those appointments to convert to sales and new listings on a slow and gradual basis. RE/MAX Real Estate Centre has reported on all listings and sale stats since January 5th, 2020, which show a steep drop at the peak of COVID-19 announcements and a gradual increase in the last two weeks.
As always, we’ll continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed. Once again, the situation is changing very rapidly, so be sure to check back often!
Thinking about making the move? Don’t miss our Moving and Closing blog for tips and resources.
Not sure about mortgage options? We chatted with an RBC Mortgage Specialist, and you can read what they have to say here.
Questions? We have you covered. Get in touch.
Email us at email@example.com
Zubin Abuwalla | Direct: 416-389-8019
Mansoor Ahmed | Direct: 647-297-1721
Karl Abuwalla | Direct: 647-883-0874